Major domestic and overseas activities
Moving Forward Together
As a global company, POSCO DAEWOO plays a leading role in fulfilling its corporate social responsibilities and making the world a better place by supporting community development. Moreover, through the voluntary participation of all our employees at home and abroad, we carry out social contribution activities in 84 domestic and international business sites.
- After-School English Program
“Fun Fun English”
- “Fun Fun English” was created in 2011 with the aim of providing disadvantaged children in Korea with an opportunity to learn English and helping to reduce the education gap. Through this program, professional English teachers administer a systematic learning program, helping children build confidence in English. We will continue our efforts to protect the right to education of low-income children and support them to become global talents.
- Educational Support for Adolescents of Multicultural Families and Immigrated Youth
- Since 2015, we have helped adolescents of low-income multicultural families and immigrant adolescents settle into Korean society by providing them with Korean language education and opportunities to take the TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) exam as well as the Korean citizenship test. This program comforts teens in need to feel emotionally secure and adjust to Korean culture by assisting them to understand cultural differences and strengthen family bonds through Korean culture experiencing activities.
- “Be The Parents”
for Children Waiting for Adoption
- We have supported the “Be The Parents” program since 2016 with the aim of contributing to the healthy growth of children waiting to be adopted in child welfare organizations, temporary care facilities and foster homes nationwide. We continue our efforts to help those in need in our society.
- Preventing Blindness and Improve Eye Health
- “Eye Camp” assists to enhance quality of life for those at risk of blindness. With Vision Care, an international blindness relief organization, we make an effort to prevent disadvantaged patients of foreign countries from becoming visually impaired and improve eye health. The program started in Ethiopia in 2012, followed by Cambodia, Myanmar and Indonesia in 2013. Since 2014, we provide ophthalmological treatment and cataract operations in two cities in Uzbekistan at no charge.
- Medical Volunteering for Children with Craniofacial
“Smile For Children”
- Since 2015, POSCO DAEWOO has treated children diagnosed with craniofacial condition to support them regain their regular lifestyle through our “Smile For Children” program. In cooperation with a non-profit medical organization in Korea, we offer free surgeries to children with craniofacial disorders in underprivileged regions of Myanmar. Our ultimate goal is to lay a foundation for Myanmar’s medical organizations to establish their own independent, solid surgical infrastructure through sharing Korea’s advanced medical expertise as well as surgical skills with Myanmar.
- Medical and Educational Support for Coexistence with Community
- Since 2015, we have developed and implemented a medical and educational support program to enhance social development and promote welfare in palm oil farms in the province of Papua, Indonesia. For local residents who have little access to medical care, we have built an environment that allows them to receive continuous health benefits; for instance, locals are provided with our established system that manages individual medical records as well as health and hygiene educations. Furthermore, we do our best to make learning experiences fun for children by donating various educational materials to local schools and running extracurricular programs on art, music and physical education.